Frequently Asked Questions
OUR AUSTIN PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS PROVIDE ANSWERS
If you were recently injured in an accident or because of the recklessness of another party, you likely have a number of questions about your injuries, paying for any losses you have suffered, and who is ultimately responsible for the pain and suffering you have been forced to endure. At the Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C., we understand your position, and as such, we have provided the following list of some of the questions our attorneys are asked most frequently, along with their answers.
Why Should I Contact an Attorney?
After being injured by another person, you could be facing costs associated with the medical treatment necessitated by your injury. You might also consider suing for financial compensation to help you cope with your injury costs, but filing a lawsuit can be difficult and confusing with the help of an attorney who is familiar with personal injury law, or tort law. The best way to increase your chances of getting compensation is to consult an attorney about your situation.
What Kinds of Compensation Will I be Able to Receive?
The types and amount of compensation that injury victims are eligible to receive in a personal injury lawsuit following a serious accident can vary considerably and depend on the circumstances under which the accident occurred. However, it is common for injury victims to be able to receive compensation for expenses such as the costs of medical treatment, income loss, and emotional trauma. Additionally, in many cases, there are further costs for which injury victims may be able to seek compensation.
I Cannot Pay for My Medical Expenses After My Accident, What Do I Do?
You’ve found yourself in a situation that hundreds of thousands of people face every year in the United States. Car accidents, among other accidents, are expensive, and many people cannot face the medical costs that often result from such accidents. However, the good news is that many injury victims, when they are wrongfully injured in an accident caused by someone else’s actions, qualify to receive financial compensation in a personal injury lawsuit. Sometimes this compensation can equal or exceed the costs of one’s medical expenses and can, thus, be very helpful.
Should I Just Pay for My Costs and Not Sue, If I Am Financially Able?
Ultimately, the decision to file a lawsuit is up to you as the individual who has suffered physical or financial harm. But you shouldn’t have to pay for the costs of your injuries or accident if another person is to blame for them. Instead, that person should bear the burden of their actions and pay for the costs and losses you have sustained.
Have another question? Click on the links below to learn more!
- Do You Need Physical Evidence to Convict?
- Do I qualify for a premises liability lawsuit?
- How do I find a good lawyer?
- How do I know if an attorney is right for me?
- How do I prepare for my first legal consultation?
- How is negligence determined?
- How long will my case take?
- How much compensation will I receive?
- How much money am I going to spend on my lawsuit?
- I cannot pay my medical expenses after my accident, what do I do?
- If I was partially at fault for my injury, can I still recover compensation?
- Is a trucker or a trucking company responsible for my costs?
- Should I just pay for my costs and not sue, if I am financially able?
- What are my options if a product has injured me?
- What are some of the most common mistakes people make in a lawsuit?
- What do I do if a construction site caused my injury?
- What kinds of compensation will I be able to receive?
- What will I be required to do during my lawsuit?
- Who can pursue a wrongful death claim?
If your question is not listed here, or if you would like to discuss the details of your situation with one of our experienced Austin personal injury lawyers, call us at (512) 710-0931.