Advocating for the Rights of the Wrongfully Injured
Injured in Texas? If you or someone close to you has recently been wrongfully hurt or killed due to the negligence of someone else, you may be able to take legal action against the at-fault party. While filing a lawsuit won’t take away the pain and suffering you’ve already been through, it can help you and your family financially recover from the accident and begin to move on.
The Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C. has been handling injury claims throughout the state of Texas for over two decades. Our team of Belton injury lawyers has decades of experience representing clients in a broad range of claims and fighting hard for their right to just compensation. We understand what needs to be done to get you back on track as quickly and effectively as possible. Best of all, you don’t owe us a thing unless we win your case!
U.S. & Texas Injury Data
It may come as no surprise that a lot of people are injured in Texas every year—our state is massive after all. Yet, accidental injuries probably occur more than you think. Case in point: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that 167,127 Americans die of unintentional injuries every year, making it the third leading cause of death in the nation.
Here are some recent injury stats regarding our state:
- Unintentional falls are a leading cause of injury in both Texas and the United States.
- Among adult Texans 65 years of age and above, nearly one-third have fallen in the last year.
- 144,000 Texans sustain a traumatic brain injury (TBI) each year—that’s one every four minutes.
- More than 381,000 people in Texas live with a disability caused by a TBI.
- More than 5,700 Texans are permanently disabled by a TBI each year.
- 249,652 people were injured in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2018.
- There were 12,186 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,937 people sustaining a serious injury.
- Traffic fatalities in rural areas of Texas accounted for 55% of the state’s traffic fatalities in 2018.
- 419 people operating or riding motorcycles were killed in 2018.
- 49% of motorcyclists killed were not wearing helmets at the time of the crash.
- Pedestrian fatalities totaled 626 in 2018, a 1.79% increase from 2017.
- Cyclist fatalities totaled 71 in 2018, a 24.56% increase from 2017.
- There were was not a single deathless day on Texas roadways in 2018.
Injury Cases Our Firm Handles
The Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C. handles a myriad of personal injury claims throughout the state of Texas, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Car crashes, motorcycle collisions, 18-wheeler accidents, pedestrian injuries, bicycle accidents, etc. This category also includes distracted driving accidents, drunk driving accidents, reckless driving accidents, and other accidents caused by negligence.
- Premises liability claims: Slip and fall accidents, assault, attractive nuisance claims, dog bite injuries, swimming pool injuries, and other such claims fall under premises liability. These claims all have in common the fact they were directly or indirectly caused by a property owner’s negligence.
- Product liability claims: Defective product claims of all kinds fall under this category, from medical devices to vehicles—and everything in between.
- Other personal injury claims: Work accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, boating accidents—we pretty much do it all.
If you are unsure whether your accidental injuries fall under any of these categories, just give us a call to discuss your case. It’s free!
What to Do If You’ve Been Injured
Suffering a sudden an unexpected injury can knock your whole world off balance. You may find yourself in physical pain, stressed about dealing with medical appointments while trying to maintain your job, and concerned about how you’re going to pay for your treatment and other relevant expenses. It is an immensely difficult to deal with situation, which is why we are happy to assist wrongfully injured Texans as much as we can.
If you find yourself wrongfully injured, we recommend doing as much of the following as possible right away:
- Go to the hospital or schedule a doctor’s appointment depending on the severity of your injuries. The sooner you seek medical attention the better because there are many injuries that can remain latent for days and even weeks, especially internal injuries and brain damage. It is far better to be safe than sorry, so head to a doctor even if you feel fine (car accident injuries are notorious for not revealing themselves right away, for instance). Seeking medical treatment and following your doctor’s orders is also imperative to your injury case as it can be used as evidence on your behalf.
- Save anything related to the accident in a secure place. Receipts, bills, invoices, forms, correspondence, or anything else that is connected to your accident and could potentially be used as evidence to support your claim that someone else is at fault for your injuries should be kept in one place—just in case.
- Don’t accept blame or blame anyone else for your injuries. Even saying you’re sorry out of politeness can implicate you as the at-fault party. Instead, call a manager, security officer, law enforcement personnel, or whoever seems best considering the situation to report your accident and allow them to investigate and determine who the at-fault party is.
- Consult with a local injury lawyer. Even if you ultimately decide not to take legal action, an attorney’s advice is invaluable in such situations. A lawyer can help you put your situation into perspective and advise you on what to do next. Plus, most injury firms offer free consultations, so you have nothing to lose.
Consult with an Experienced Injury Lawyer Today!
If you’ve recently been in an accident, you probably have numerous questions and concerns. Our job is the handle all the legal aspects of your situation to allow you to focus on more important things, like your recovery. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you’re unsure whether taking legal action is right for you—we will discuss the details of your case during a free consultation and help you decide what is right for you. All consultations come with no obligation and if you do choose to work with us you don’t owe us any attorney fees unless we win your case.
Want to know more? Contact us now to set up your free, no-obligation legal consultation!
Natural Gas Explosion | Burn Injuries Attorney Fees & Expenses: $5,500,000.00
- $1.5 Million Explosion Injury
- $1.5 Million Car Accident
- $1 Million Wrongful Death
- $750 Thousand Drunk Driver Car Wreck
Wrongful Death in the Workplace
This was a wrongful death case where our client was a minor child whose immigrant father died from a work place injury when he was pinned and crushed between a forklift and a large concrete beam.
Many Satisfied Clients
If we don't put money in your pocket, you don't owe us anything.
"I was involved in my case as if I was on the team, and that made me feel comfortable with them."Marquisha D.
"They really fought for me to ensure I received what I was entitled to. If you want a law office that cares about you and not a quick buck this is definitely the office for you."Sonya D.
"I highly recommend Jonathon Zemek, the paralegal that worked on my file and kept me updated on a consistent basis. I am happy with the outcome and their professionalism throughout the whole process."Monica R.W.