PROTECTING THE RIGHTS OF MOTORCYCLISTS INJURED BY NEGLIGENT MOTORISTS
Motorcyclists assume the risk of utilizing vehicles that are much smaller than cars and that lack all but the most basic safety features. However, motorcycle riders still deserve respect from other drivers as well as a safe driving experience. Unfortunately, due to issues such as reckless drivers, unsafe roads, and auto defects, thousands of motorcyclists suffer devastating injuries on the road every year.
On This Page:
- What An Attorney Can Do For You
- Types Of Driver Negligence That Can Make You Eligible for Compensation
- Motorcycle Accident FAQ:
- Can I recover damages for an accident if I wasn’t wearing a helmet?
- What if the driver who hit me didn’t have insurance?
- What do you need to do to prove your motorcycle injury case?
- What if I was a passenger in a motorcycle accident?
- Who can file a motorcycle accident lawsuit?
- What if the at-fault party has very little insurance coverage?
- What are the common costs associated with motorcycle accidents?
- Related Articles
Request a free case evaluation by calling (254) 938-6885.
WHAT AN ATTORNEY CAN DO FOR YOU
Injured motorcyclists may face various legal challenges when pursuing a motorcycle accident lawsuit, such as the following:
- Bias Against Motorcyclists: Motorcyclists may face bias in court, as some people hold negative stereotypes about them. This bias might influence perceptions of fault in an accident.
- Visibility Issues: Motorcycles are often smaller and less visible than other vehicles, which can lead to challenges in establishing visibility as a factor in the accident. Defendants may argue that the motorcyclist wasn't visible, contributing to the collision.
- Lane Splitting: In some jurisdictions, lane splitting (riding a motorcycle between lanes of slow-moving or stopped traffic) is illegal. If a motorcyclist was lane splitting at the time of the accident, it could impact their legal standing.
- Helmet Use: Helmet laws vary by location. In places where helmet use is mandatory, not wearing one could affect a motorcyclist's ability to recover damages. However, even in places without mandatory helmet laws, not wearing one might be used against the motorcyclist.
- Assumption of Risk: Defendants may argue that motorcyclists assume a higher level of risk when choosing to ride, and therefore, they should bear some responsibility for their injuries.
- Comparative Negligence: Texas applies the principle of comparative negligence, where the plaintiff's recovery is reduced by their percentage of fault. Establishing who was at fault in an accident can be a complex legal challenge.
- Inadequate Insurance Coverage: Motorcyclists may face challenges if the at-fault party has inadequate insurance coverage. This could limit the compensation available for medical expenses and other damages.
- Prejudice in Jury Perception: Jurors may hold biases against motorcyclists, affecting their perception of the case. Overcoming these biases can be a challenge for the motorcyclist's legal team.
Thankfully, those who are injured in motorcycle accidents caused by other people are often able to receive compensation for the costs of their damages. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, our Waco motorcycle accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C., understand just how daunting your situation can feel, and we are dedicating to providing motorcycle accident victims with the help they need.
Here are some reasons why you may want to consider our services:
- Legal Expertise: When you choose our firm, you benefit from our extensive legal expertise in handling motorcycle accident cases. Our experienced attorneys have a deep understanding of relevant laws, regulations, and court procedures.
- Investigation and Evidence Gathering: We take the initiative to thoroughly investigate the details of your motorcycle accident. This includes collecting evidence such as accident reports, witness statements, and any available surveillance footage to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Negotiation Skills: Our skilled negotiators will work tirelessly to secure a fair settlement for your case. We understand how to navigate negotiations with insurance companies and other parties involved to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Legal Representation in Court: If your case goes to court, our experienced trial attorneys will provide strong legal representation. We are well-equipped to present your case persuasively, utilizing our knowledge of the law and courtroom procedures to advocate for your rights.
- Handling Communication with Insurance Companies: Dealing with insurance companies can be challenging. We take the burden off your shoulders by handling all communication with insurers. Our goal is to protect your interests and ensure that you are not taken advantage of during the claims process.
- Maximizing Compensation: Our focus is on maximizing the compensation you receive for your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. We are committed to helping you recover the financial resources needed to rebuild your life after a motorcycle accident.
- Personalized Legal Strategy: Each case is unique, and we understand that one size does not fit all. Our legal team will develop a personalized strategy tailored to the specific circumstances of your motorcycle accident, increasing the chances of a favorable outcome.
- Peace of Mind: By entrusting your case to the Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C., you can have peace of mind knowing that experienced professionals are diligently working to protect your rights and pursue the best possible outcome for your case.
TYPES OF DRIVER NEGLIGENCE THAT CAN MAKE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR COMPENSATION
Although a number of issues could lead to motorcycle accidents, they are often the result of other drivers’ negligence. At the Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C., we have considerable experience helping injured motorcyclists take action against unsafe drivers, including those who cause motorcycle accidents due to the following:
- Reckless driving
- Failure to yield right-of-way
- Failure to stop at stop lights or signs
- Failure to check before making a turn or changing lanes
Additionally, motorcycle riders can also be harmed by auto defects or highway defects that cause them to lose control over their bikes.
LAW OFFICES OF VIC FEAZELL, P.C.: DEDICATED TO PROTECTING YOUR RIGHTS
If you have been the victim of a motorcycle accident caused by someone else, you don’t have to face the consequences on your own. Contact our Waco motorcycle accident attorneys of Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C., at (254) 938-6885 today to talk to our dedicated legal team about your case and learn more about your rights and options in this difficult situation.
For more information, please give us a call without delay.
Many Satisfied Clients
If we don't put money in your pocket, you don't owe us anything.
"I was involved in my case as if I was on the team, and that made me feel comfortable with them."Marquisha D.
"They really fought for me to ensure I received what I was entitled to. If you want a law office that cares about you and not a quick buck this is definitely the office for you."Sonya D.
"I highly recommend Jonathon Zemek, the paralegal that worked on my file and kept me updated on a consistent basis. I am happy with the outcome and their professionalism throughout the whole process."Monica R.W.