As a Central Texas personal injury lawyer, Vic Feazell is passionate about protecting the rights of the men and women who have been injured. He is driven by a genuine desire to secure justice and the compensation injured individuals need to recover from their losses. He believes that injured individuals should be given a voice and that legal action must be taken when negligence or recklessness causes harm to others. Attorney Vic Feazell has been recently honored by the State Bar of Texas.
Before entering into private practice, Attorney Vic Feazell served two terms as District Attorney in Waco’s McLennan County. In this capacity, he tried six capital murder cases and several civil trial cases. He has been honored with repeated inclusion on the Super Lawyers® list, received the 2018 Outstanding Pro bono Award from McLennan County Young Lawyer Association and has been listed among the Top 100 Lawyers by the American Trial Lawyers Association. He is in the Guinness Book of World Records for achieving the biggest libel award of $58 million. He has been recently honored by the State Bar of Texas.
For his work and legal prowess, Attorney Vic Feazell has been nationally recognized on ABC 20/20, A&E Biography, 60 Minutes, and Vanity Fair. He was also featured in an episode of “Crime Watch Daily” in 2016 for his work on a murder case initially tried as arson. He is the author of the book “Rhinos Sharks & Unicorns: A Hero’s Journey” and runs his own film production company, One Horn Productions.
Attorney Vic Feazell is no stranger to representing clients in high-stakes, high-profile litigation. In 2018, he represented the victim in the sexual assault case against the former president of Baylor University’s Phi Delta Theta fraternity, Jacob Anderson. Facing criminal charges, Anderson’s case garnered widespread notoriety and international media attention, leading to his expulsion. He now faces a civil lawsuit from the victim for $1 million in damages.
In 2019, Attorney Vic Feazell started hosting a podcast called The Vic Feazell Show, detailing his involvement in exposing the infamous hoax involving alleged serial killer, Henry Lee Lucas, who falsely confessed to more than 600 murder and missing persons cases during the 1980s. The podcast also sheds light on the overwhelming retaliation he faced from powerful members of Texas’ law enforcement, who instigated a media smear campaign against him, resulting in him winning a record-breaking $58 million libel verdict.
Attorney Vic Feazell also appeared in the acclaimed five-part Netflix docuseries, The Confession Killer, about Henry Lee Lucas and how evidence of the hoax continues to emerge to this day.
If you wish to file an injury claim for yourself or on behalf of a loved one, Attorney Vic Feazell can explain the process to you during a free initial consultation. After carefully reviewing the details of your personal injury matter, he can recommend the strongest course of action that you should take.
- Baylor University School of Law, J.D. – 1979
- University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, B.A. – 1972
- Rhinos Sharks & Unicorns: A Hero's Journey
- Rhinos Sharks & Unicorns - #2 (Coming soon)
- Rhino’s the Movie
- Blood Sweat and Teeth
- Natural Selection, starring David Carradine
- Rage in the Cage
- State Bar Grievance Committee
- Austin Bar Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- College of the State Bar
- Former Chair of the Judicial Affairs Committee of the Austin Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas, Founding Life Fellow
- National Criminal Defense Lawyer's Association, Life Member
- Executive Committee of the National Trial Lawyers Association
- In 2019, Attorney Vic Feazell started hosting a podcast called The Vic Feazell Show, detailing his involvement in exposing the infamous hoax involving alleged serial killer, Henry Lee Lucas, who falsely confessed to more than 600 murders and missing person cases during the 1980s. The podcast also sheds light on the overwhelming retaliation he faced from powerful members of Texas’ law enforcement, who instigated a media smear campaign against him, resulting in him winning a record-breaking $58 million libel verdict. Attorney Vic Feazell also appeared in the acclaimed five-part Netflix docuseries, The Confession Killer, about Henry Lee Lucas and how evidence of the hoax continues to emerge to this day. In 2021, the State Bar of Texas formally honored Attorney Feazell for his role in this controversial case.
- In 2023, KWTX 10 News asked Attorney Vic Feazell to share his insight into the Cedric Marks capital murder case in Bell County, in which Attorney Feazell is not involved. The case’s jury selection process has become infamously drawn-out and complicated. Vic explained that individual jury selection for a case with the potential for the death penalty will naturally take a longer time than when selecting the jury as a group.
- In April 2023, Attorney Vic Feazell was the closing Keynote Speaker at the State Bar of Texas Paralegal Division 6th Annual Wild West CLE in Granbury, Texas. This marked the second time that Vic has been invited to speak at this prestigious event. As a renowned trial lawyer and legal expert, Vic will shared his insights and experiences with fellow legal professionals on a range of important topics.
In the News
- Central Texas Legal Experts give insight on potential future of Trump’s indictment case, Fox 44 News, April 4, 2023
DeCruz Trial: Former DA examines jury’s not guilty verdict, ongoing legal fight over body camera footage, KWTX, February 8, 2023
Lake Waco Murders: 40 years later, attorneys believe wrongfully convicted man executed, KWTX, July 13, 2022
State Bar honors former Central Texas DA who questioned accused serial killer’s claims, KWTX, April 3, 2021
Where is Vic Feazell Now? Where is Bobby Prince Now?, The Cinemaholic, March 1, 2021
Before Ditching the Deep State, Remember Vic Feazell, Dallas Observer, December 18, 2019
Waco: Netflix 'docuseries' tells story of Texas serial killer who wasn't, KWTX, December 9, 2019
Who's Vic Feazell, The Man Who Faced Backlash For Investigating 'The Confession Killer'?, Oxygen True Crime, December 6, 2019
Waco: Local attorney is subject of pending Netflix special, KWTX, November 19, 2019
Downtown Depot - Vic Feazell, KWBU, November 1, 2019
- Super Lawyers, 2011-2022
- The National Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- American Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi Million Dollar Advocate
- Guinness Book of World Records