WACO PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Defending Pedestrian Accident Victims in Waco and McLennan County
Whether jogging for exercise or simply walking to nearby destinations, pedestrians are as much a part of the roads as drivers. Unfortunately, though, motorists do not always give pedestrians the respect they deserve, potentially causing catastrophic pedestrian accidents in Waco, TX. In these situations, pedestrians often have the right to take legal action and fight for compensation from the person at fault for their pain and suffering.
The Waco area is popular for both walking and jogging, and the Waco pedestrian accident lawyers of the Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C., are dedicated to helping pedestrians protect their right to the road. We can help those hurt in pedestrian accidents seek the justice they deserve for their injuries.
To request a free case consultation, call (254) 938-6885.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU’RE IN A PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT IN WACO
You should know what to do if you are involved in a pedestrian motor vehicle accident in Waco, Texas.
- Call for emergency help. Investigation and documentation of the incident by the Waco Police Department are vital.
- Get medical treatment. Often, injuries to the back and neck don't manifest immediately, but they can lead to problems later on. Getting medical attention in Waco, Texas and documenting your injuries and complaints are certainly the best approaches. In other words, your medical records will determine the value of your bodily injury claim.
In the event you do not seek treatment following an accident, it may be difficult to receive compensation for pain and suffering. Get immediate help if you have been diagnosed with a spinal cord or brain injury. Contact us today for a free consultation!
CAUSES OF PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS
In most cases, pedestrian accidents occur because drivers fail to pay attention and give foot traffic right-of-way when the situation calls for it. Reckless driving behaviors such as the following are commonly linked to pedestrian accidents:
- Failure to yield at crosswalks
- Speeding through school zones, parking lots, and other pedestrian-heavy areas
- Driving while distracted or fatigued
- Driving while intoxicated
These actions can put pedestrians in danger of being hit by oncoming vehicles, and even if the car is traveling relatively slowly, pedestrians are still vulnerable to devastating injuries including spinal cord damage, traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, and more.
COMMON PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT INJURIES
Pedestrians in Waco, Texas commonly suffer the following injuries after accidents:
- Injuries to the cervical spine and lumbar spine
- Fragmented and broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries, concussions, back and neck injuries
- Bleeding inside the body, organ damage
- Crushed extremities, soft tissue injuries
- Anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder
Vic Feazell, Attorney at Law, works tirelessly to get the injured in Waco, Texas the medical care they need after an accident. Our main concern is the recovery of our clients! To demonstrate to the McLennan County court and jury the detrimental effect pedestrian accidents and injuries have on our clients, we retain the best liability, medical, and economic experts.
HAVE QUESTIONS? CONTACT THE LAW OFFICES OF VIC FEAZELL, P.C.
If you or someone that you care about has suffered an injury in a pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to take legal action for your damages. Should you choose to entrust us with your personal injury case, you can feel confident in knowing that your case is in good hands.
Contact the experienced Waco pedestrian accident attorneys of the Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C., today by calling (254) 938-6885 to discuss your legal rights and options.