When a vehicle of any type rolls off of the assembly line, customers have every reason to expect that vehicle to be in excellent working order. However, when flaws exist in the very design or manufacture of a vehicle, the vehicles themselves may potentially become defective. Sadly, defective vehicles lead to some of the most serious vehicle-related accidents, particularly in regards to mass-transit vehicles.
As our legal team knows, the damages sustained in these accidents can be substantial. With that in mind, our legal team will work with you to develop a legal strategy intended to help you recover any and all damages sustained in the accident.
Protections Under The Lemon Law
While defective vehicles may lead to a serious accident, manufacturers do issue mass recalls for parts that are known to be defective. However, for less systematic defects in their vehicles, manufacturers will repair their vehicles for free so long as they are still covered under their warranty. When a manufacturer continuously fails to make the necessary repairs to a defective vehicle, on the other hand, it may be possible to pursue compensation under Texas’ Lemon Law when the following conditions are met:
- The vehicle if found to have a serious defect;
- That particular defect is covered by the manufacturer’s warranty;
- The defect is reported before the warranty has ended;
- The manufacturer is given reasonable opportunity to correct the defect;
- The manufacturer is provided with written documentation of defect;
- The manufacturer is provided with another attempt to repair the defect;
- The defect must significantly affect the safety or value of the vehicle;
- You file a complaint and pay the fee.
To learn more about this law, feel free to consult with one of the Austin personal injury attorneys at Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C.
Consult With a Defective Vehicle Claims Attorney In Austin
At the Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C., our Austin defective vehicle claims attorneys understand how potentially devastating accidents involving a defective vehicle can be; we will do everything we can to help you recover the damages you or your loved one sustained in a defective vehicle accident. To discuss the particulars of your injury with one of our Austin personal injury attorneys, please call our Austin offices at (512) 710-0931 today.