SEAT BELT INJURIES
WACO CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Seat belts that are improperly designed, manufactured, or installed may fail in the event of a car accident and cause serious, if not life-threatening injury. The fact that the seat belt you or a loved one was wearing failed to properly function seems to indicate that it was defective. That being said, you should consider taking action against the party who was responsible for producing this malfunctioning safety device.
At the Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C., our Austin car accident attorneys understand just how much this claim will mean to you and your family. It is with that in mind that we can develop a legal strategy to help you pursue the compensation you need to offset the considerable costs of your injuries.
To schedule a free consultation, call (254) 938-6885 today.
TYPES OF SEAT BELT DEFECTS
Seat belts are supposed to be life-saving devices, but did you know that there have been more than 1,000 seat belt recalls since 1996? These recalls have been issued over a number of failures caused by errors during the design or manufacture of the product.
Types of seat belt defects include:
- Inertial unlatching: The force of the accident is stronger than the seat belt latch, causing it to become unbuckled
- False latching: The buckle appears to be latched when in reality it is not
- Faulty retractors: The retractor fails to hold the belt snugly against the body, leaving too much slack
- Webbing failure: The fabric of the belt becomes torn or ripped and fails to protect the user during a collision
WHY FILE AN INJURY CLAIM?
Now that you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident that was made worse by a seat belt defect, you should consider filing a personal injury claim against the party found to bear ultimate responsibility for the defect. Our legal team in Austin can help you fight for compensation to offset the costs of your recovery, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Medical and rehabilitative care throughout your recovery
- Loss of income while you are not able to work
- Any diminishment to the quality of your life
TAKE IMMEDIATE LEGAL ACTION: CALL THE LAW OFFICES OF VIC FEAZELL, P.C.
Though this is sure to be a stressful and difficult period of time for you and your family, it will be in your best interest to take legal action as soon after the accident as you are able. If you or a loved one has sustained injuries that could have been prevented with a properly functioning seat belt, you may be eligible to file for compensation from the manufacturer or any other party found to be responsible for the defect.
To speak about your seat belt injury case with an Austin car accident lawyer, please contact us as soon as possible.