Waco Hit & Run Accident Attorneys
Fight for Justice in McLennan County & Beyond
A hit-and-run accident is when a driver of a vehicle is involved in a traffic collision and then flees the scene without stopping to provide any information or render aid. At the Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C., our Waco hit & run accident attorneys understand how devastating these accidents can be. We know how to investigate these accidents and determine if the driver of the vehicle is legally responsible for the accident and injuries. If the driver is liable, we can help you recover the maximum amount of compensation you are owed.
What is Considered a Hit & Run Accident?
In Texas, a hit-and-run accident is considered to be an accident when a driver is involved in a traffic collision and then leaves the scene without stopping to provide any information or render aid.
The following are examples of hit-and-run accidents:
- Vehicle collisions: This includes situations where one driver hits another vehicle and flees the scene without stopping to exchange information or provide assistance. It could involve rear-ending another car, sideswiping, or hitting a parked vehicle.
- Pedestrian accidents: A hit and run can occur when a driver strikes a pedestrian and leaves the scene without rendering aid or identifying themselves.
- Bicycle or motorcycle accidents: Similar to pedestrian accidents, hit-and-run incidents involving cyclists or motorcyclists occur when a driver collides with them and fails to stay at the scene.
- Property damage: Hit and runs are not limited to accidents involving people. They can also involve damaging someone's property, such as crashing into a fence, mailbox, or other stationary objects, and leaving without taking responsibility.
- Parking lot incidents: Hit-and-run accidents can happen in parking lots when a driver hits a parked car and leaves without leaving a note or notifying the vehicle owner.
- Single-vehicle accidents: Although less common, hit-and-run accidents can involve a driver losing control of their vehicle and causing damage to public or private property before leaving the scene.
The Benefits of Uninsured Motorist Coverage
Since the fleeing driver cannot be held accountable, hit-and-run accidents become challenging to seek compensation for damages and injuries. That is why uninsured motorist (coverage is particularly important when it comes to hit-and-run accidents in Texas.
This type of auto insurance coverage provides financial protection to policyholders in situations where they are involved in accidents with uninsured or underinsured drivers, including hit-and-run incidents, helping bridge the gap when the at-fault driver is unknown or lacks adequate insurance coverage. By having uninsured motorist coverage, individuals involved in hit-and-run accidents can file a claim with their own insurance company to recover damages and medical expenses incurred as a result of the accident.
How Can We Help You?
At the Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C., our Waco hit-and-run accident attorneys are here to help you during this challenging situation. Do not wait to let us get started on your case immediately.
Many Satisfied Clients
If we don't put money in your pocket, you don't owe us anything.
Best representationEva D.
Prompt, informative attention throughout the entire legal process.Eva J.
No one comes close to holding a candle to this law firm.Thyssen K.