Is a Truck Driver or a Trucking Company Responsible for My Costs?
When a large truck hits your vehicle, your first thought might be that the trucker behind the wheel is wholly responsible for your injuries. While this could be true, sometimes trucking companies are also implicated in truck accidents.
Truck accident liability may involve the following actions by a negligent truck company:
- Requiring a driver to work too many hours, violating FMCSA Hours of Service regulations
- Negligently hiring an unqualified driver or a driver with a history of accidents
- Failing to ensure that a truck is properly maintained
- Failing to ensure that the trailer is properly loaded
Truck drivers may face liability for the following behaviors:
- Willfully driving longer than they are allowed to per shift
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving while fatigued because they neglected to take their required rest breaks
- Speeding or engaging in other reckless driving behaviors
- Texting or using a cell phone while driving
No matter what the case, your attorney can help you determine who is responsible for your accident and take appropriate legal action. If you or someone you love has been hurt in a truck accident, it’s important to know who to take action against for your injuries and costs. An experienced Austin personal injury lawyer of the Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C. can help you do so quickly and can help you get compensation that you need. Contact us today by calling (512) 710-0931 to discuss how we can help you after a truck accident.