At the Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C., our team knows just how serious of a problem motor vehicle accidents are for people in Austin and across the United States. In fact, each year, thousands suffer injuries or even death as a result of being involved in these types of accidents. Sadly, many of these accidents are the result of another person’s negligence or carelessness.
Statistics Regarding Motor Vehicle Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents include those accidents involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other types of vehicles. When it comes to these types of accidents, some of the more important and eye-opening statistics include the following:
- In the United States, car accidents claimed the lives of 32,367 individuals in 2011, the latest year for which data is available, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA).
- In 31% of fatal car crashes in 2011 in the United States, the driver was operating the vehicle while intoxicated (blood alcohol content above .08%).
- Speeding was a factor in 9,944 fatal accidents in the United States in 2011.
- 4,612 motorcyclists were killed in motor vehicle accidents in the United States in 2011.
- In Texas, car accidents claimed the lives of 3,067 individuals in 2011, according to the Texas Department of Transportation.
- 80,188 individuals suffered serious injury in Texas in 2011 as a result of car accidents.
- 491 motorcyclists were killed on Texas roads in 2011.
- 35% of fatal motor vehicle accidents in Texas in 2011 involved a driver who was intoxicated.
As these statistics should make clear, motor vehicle accidents continue to pose substantial risks to the health and safety of individuals throughout Texas and the United States.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney In Austin
If you have been injured in a car accident, motorcycle accident, or other motor vehicle accident caused by someone else, our legal team at the Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C., believes that you shouldn’t have to pay for the costs of your injuries and losses alone. Find out how we might be able to help you pursue financial compensation after such an accident by calling (512) 710-0931.