Many of us go against our best interests and avoid going to the doctor’s office even when necessary. While this may not feel as though it has immediate consequences on your life, failing to seek medical attention after an accident can severely impact your future health. Whether or not you believe your injuries are severe enough to warrant a checkup, this assessment can only be made by a professional. Without an expert opinion, you run the risk of worsening your injuries beyond repair.
If you experience any of the following symptoms after an accident, seek medical attention immediately:
- Headaches – Perhaps one of the most dangerous injuries one can endure, headaches can indicate a host of serious consequences including whiplash, blood clots, concussions, or other traumatic brain injuries.
- Abdominal pain – Stomach pain may seem harmless, but it can indicate extremely dangerous conditions such as internal bleeding, contusions, organ damage, and more.
- Sensory loss – Changes in vision, difficulty speaking, and confusion may be signs of brain damage.
- Back pain, numbness, or stiffness – Extremely common following most accidents, back pain should not be ignored as it can result in permanent damage to your spinal cord, leading to paralysis.
- Tingling or numbness – If you experience these sensations in your hands or feet, this may indicate serious nerve damage.
- Mood swings – Irritability, depression, or sudden changes in temperament are often the result of a traumatic brain injury.
Hoping these symptoms will alleviate on their own is a risky game to play. Not only are you putting your health and wellbeing on the line, but you are also ruining the potential to seek legal recourse for what you have endured. Without the proper evidence and documentation from an expert physician who assessed your injuries, your chances of a successful outcome in fighting for compensation are slim to none.
Injured & Seeking Leading Legal Counsel? Contact Our Experienced Firm Today
With the Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C. on your side, you can focus on healing while we navigate the complexities of your case as seamlessly as possible. Our highly-esteemed legal advocates are tenaciously committed to fighting for your rights and protecting your best interests, no matter what it takes. Allow us to get started on delivering the most beneficial results possible.
Don’t hesitate to contact us by calling to schedule an initial case evaluation today.