Killeen Rideshare Accident Attorneys
Helping Victims of Uber & Lyft Accidents in Killeen and the Surrounding Areas
Uber and Lyft have become increasingly popular in Texas. These rideshare services are convenient and affordable, and they have made it easier for people to get around. However, they have also led to an increase in the number of car accidents on the road. If you were injured in a rideshare accident, you have the right to seek compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
At the Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C., we represent victims of all types of car accidents, including those involving Uber and Lyft. Our Killeen rideshare accident lawyers have a proven track record of success in handling complex personal injury cases. We know how to navigate the claims process and fight for the maximum compensation you are owed.
Who is Liable for a Rideshare Accident?
One of the most complex aspects of a rideshare accident case is determining liability. In a typical car accident, the at-fault driver is responsible for the victim’s damages. However, when it comes to rideshare accidents, the situation is much more complicated.
Depending on the circumstances, the following parties may be liable for a rideshare accident:
- The rideshare driver
- The rideshare company (Uber or Lyft)
- Another motorist
- The vehicle manufacturer
- The vehicle parts manufacturer
- The vehicle maintenance company
When a rideshare driver is “on the clock” and actively transporting a passenger, the rideshare company’s insurance policy will typically cover any damages. However, if the driver is “on the clock” but has not yet picked up a passenger, the rideshare company’s insurance policy may only cover limited damages. If the driver is “off the clock,” the rideshare company’s insurance policy will not cover any damages.
At the Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C., we can help you determine liability for your rideshare accident. Our Killeen rideshare accident attorneys can conduct a thorough investigation into the crash, gather evidence, and build a strong case on your behalf.
What to Do After a Rideshare Accident
After a rideshare accident, it is important that you take the right steps to protect your health and your rights. Here are some things you should do:
- Call 911: If you or anyone else is injured, call 911 right away. The police will come to the scene and write an accident report. This report can be used as evidence in your case.
- Get medical attention: Even if you do not think you were seriously injured, it is important that you see a doctor as soon as possible. Some injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries and internal bleeding, may not be immediately apparent. A doctor can evaluate your condition and create a record of your injuries.
- Exchange information: Get the names, contact information, and insurance information of all drivers involved in the accident. If there were any witnesses, get their names and contact information as well.
- Take pictures: Use your phone to take pictures of the accident scene, the damage to all vehicles involved, and your injuries.
- Report the accident: If you were a passenger in an Uber or Lyft, report the accident to the rideshare company. If you were in another vehicle, report the accident to your insurance company.
- Do not talk to the insurance company: The insurance company may try to get you to make a recorded statement or accept a lowball settlement offer. Do not talk to the insurance company until you have spoken to a lawyer.
- Call a lawyer: An experienced rideshare accident lawyer can help you understand your rights and options. They can handle all the legal details of your case and fight for the full, fair compensation you are owed.
Types of Rideshare Accident Compensation
After a rideshare accident, you may be facing significant financial burdens. You may be unable to work and have mounting medical bills. You may be wondering how you are going to pay your bills and support your family. Fortunately, you do not have to face this situation alone. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be able to recover compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
How Our Killeen Rideshare Accident Lawyers Can Help
At the Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C., we understand the complexities of rideshare accident cases. Our Killeen rideshare accident attorneys can help you navigate the claims process and fight for the maximum compensation you are owed. We can handle all the legal details of your case and help you make informed decisions every step of the way.
When you choose us to handle your case, you can expect:
- Compassionate, personalized legal services: We understand that every case is unique, which is why we take the time to listen to your story and understand your goals. We can help you understand your rights and options and develop a personalized legal strategy for you.
- Aggressive advocacy: Our team is not afraid to take on big insurance companies and corporations. We are skilled litigators who are not afraid to take a case to trial if necessary. We can fight for you in and out of the courtroom.
- Open and honest communication: We believe in keeping our clients informed throughout the entire legal process. We will provide you with regular updates on your case and are always available to answer your questions and address your concerns.
Many Satisfied Clients
If we don't put money in your pocket, you don't owe us anything.
"I was involved in my case as if I was on the team, and that made me feel comfortable with them."Marquisha D.
"They really fought for me to ensure I received what I was entitled to. If you want a law office that cares about you and not a quick buck this is definitely the office for you."Sonya D.
"I highly recommend Jonathon Zemek, the paralegal that worked on my file and kept me updated on a consistent basis. I am happy with the outcome and their professionalism throughout the whole process."Monica R.W.