According to research, more than 40 million American children trick-or-treat on Halloween evening. While this evening can be light-hearted and fun for the whole family, it is not free of dangers. In fact, statistics show that more children suffer harm and sustain fatal injuries in car accidents on Halloween than any other hazard.
Below, our legal team has listed statistics regarding car accidents on Halloween evening:
- Safe Kids USA reports that kids are two times more likely to suffer fatal injuries in car accidents while walking on Halloween evening than any other time of year.
- Most vehicle collisions occur between 4:00 PM and 10:00 PM and during any time of day when the sun is setting and the roads are less visible.
- 26% of pedestrian deaths on Halloween involved drunk drivers in 2013.
Safety Tips to Keep Yourself and Your Children Safe
Because our Austin personal injury lawyers truly care about the safety of you and your family, we have listed safety tips you may want to consider:
- Never operate a vehicle if you have consumed any amount of alcohol.
- If possible, stay the night at a family member or friend’s house to avoid driving at night.
- Do not drive during late night hours.
- Only drive on well-lit roads.
Involved in a Car Accident? Call Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C.
If you have suffered injuries in a car accident and believe another driver should be held responsible, we urge you to get in touch with an Austin car accident attorney at Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C. right away. When you choose to entrust your case with our team, we will examine every detail associated with your case and determine which legal strategies can best help you pursue maximum monetary compensation.
To discuss your case with a member of our team, call our Austin car accident lawyers right away. If you do not recover compensation, you do not owe us anything!